Blyth Golf Club
Blyth, Northumberland NE24 4DB
Tel : +44(0) 1670 540 110 Fax : +44(0) 1670 540 137
Blyth Golf Club was constructed in the mid 1970's after the reclaimation of derelict land and opened in 1978, under the control of Blyth Valley Council. In 1991, the course and its buildings and facilities became the responsibility of Blyth Golf Club, which has invested heavily in the course adding irrigation, new bunkers and thousands of trees. The fairways now show the benefit of careful husbandry, whilst the rough is well named.
All of the holes carry names which reflect the economic and social history of the land and communities which used to occupy this coastal part of Northumberland.
Information herein provided by at David (Dave@davjo.demon.co.uk) Many thanks David.
Western end of Plessey Road, Blyth
|Course Name: Blyth Holes: 18 Yardage: 6498 SSS: 71|
|This is a very good test of golf. The first nine holes are particularly difficult with a westerly wind, the first par three, the ninth, is guarded by a small lake and deep bunkers and is deceptively difficult. All of the green have subtle contours, are all in very good condition and not easy to read. The back nine has some very attractive rural features, particularly on the twelth, thirteenth and fourteenth where woods mounds and an attractive lake provide challenges to golfers of all abilities.
press here for Blyth Golf Club course reviews