Chipping Norton Golf Club
Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire 0X7 5QH
Tel : +44(0) 1608 642383 Fax : +44(0) 1608 645422
Chipping Norton Golf Club was founded in 1890 and moved to its present site in 1932. Formerly a 9 hole course with alternate tees, the course was extended to 18 in 1986. At some 800 feet above sea level, this undulating parkland course is the high spot of Oxfordshire. The winds can feature.
A new Clubhouse was built in 1995.
Club facilities and services include practice ground, licensed premises and catering.
1.5 miles east of Chipping Norton on the A44.
Information herein provided by the club 18 Feb 1999.
|Course Name: Chipping Norton Holes: 18 Yardage: 6241 SSS: 70|
|Chipping Norton is a parkland course with a pond on the eighth hole and stream meandering through the valley at the 5th and 6th holes, feeding the lake at the par3, third. Being some 800 feet above sea level, the weather can be an influence particularly when the wind is blowing.
For an appreciation and independent view of this course please see golfer reviews.
press here for Chipping Norton Golf Club course reviews