Maryport Golf Club
Maryport, Cumbria CA15 8JW
Tel : +44 (0)1900 812605
There are newspaper reports of golf being played on this course since 1895 but Maryport Golf Club was officially formed in 1905. The first or original clubhouse was built in 1908, and has been added to over the years. There were six holes on the shore side but the sea has claimed all but 3 of these. Over the years as land (and finance) became available, land was purchased and incorporated into the playing area. Finally we had enough to purchase extra land and develop our 18 hole course which was officially opened in Viscount Whitelaw in 1994.
From Maryport take the A596 to Carlise. after 1.5 miles take the B5300 to Silloth. From Carlise turn onto B5300.
The information herein was provided by the club itself on 19-May-98
|Course Name: Maryport Holes: 18 Yardage: 6088 SSS: 69|
|First 3 holes, all par 4s, follow coast line, cross road to 4th tee. 5 h hole par 3 cuts across 15th fairway to 6th tee par 5 (parkland course thereafter) , follows small stream on right. 8th hole par4 uphill with trees either side of fairway. 9th par 4 with out of bounds on left, trees right. 10th par 5 dogleg, trees left and right for 2nd shot, OB right. 11th par3, trees on left. 12th par 4 with hedges left, right for drive, trees on right for 2nd shot. 13th with trees on left for drive on right for 2nd shot. 14th drive over bank. Green elevated, steep drop left + right for 2nd shot. 15th OB left, green close to OB, fairway slopes right to left. 16th OB left, small stream left runs around green. 17th par3 (219y), gorse on left, OB behind green. 18th small stream 220 yards from tee. Hollow below green.
press here for Maryport Golf Club course reviews