Oundle Golf Club
Benefield Road, Oundle,
Peterborough, Northamptonshire PE8 5AF
Tel : +44 (0)1832 273267 Fax : +44 (0)1832 273267
Oundle Golf Club was formed in 1893 and at the time it was a 9 hole course. Caddies were paid in sixpence for 18 holes and a bottle of spruce lemonade. Members played in red jackets. In 1965 more land was leased and the course became firstly 13 holes and then 18 holes. In 1995 more land was acquired which enabled the course to be lengthened. The original wooden clubhouse was served by a bore hole and an obstinate diesel pump provided power for an alternator. As it took two men to start it there was seldom any lighting and many a party was held by candle light. In 1974 a new clubhouse was opened and with the growth of golf at Oundle it was necessary to add a wooden framed second storey to the Clubhouse in 1982. In June 1980 three times Open winner Sir Henry Cotton spent a day at Oundle Golf Club. After a clinic in the morning he played a round of 18 holes with a different group of members at each hole.
Just off the A605 between the A1 at Peterborough and the A14 at Thrapston. (2 km west of Oundle on A427).
Information herein provided by the club, 6 July 1998
|Course Name: Oundle Holes: 18 Yardage: 6235 SSS: 70|
|Undulating parkland course established 1893 with a brook running through.
For an appreciation and independent view of this course please see golfer reviews.
press here for Oundle Golf Club course reviews