Stornoway Golf Club
Lady Lever Park, Stornoway,
Isle of Lewis, Western Isles HS2 0XP
Tel : +44 (0)1851 702240
Stornoway Golf Club was founded in 1890 on the present day site of the Stornoway Airport. It was resited to its current location within the grounds of the Lews Castle in 1947 with the aid of compensation received from the Air Ministry who had requisitioned the course in 1939.
Substantial investment in the last few years have led to on-course improvements - including a new drainage system - and a modernised clubhouse. Facilities include a golf shop with club and trolley hire, practice nets, chipping/bunker/putting practice area, putting green, locker rooms, and a licensed bar with light snacks.
Stornoway Golf Club is also the host of the Western Isles Open Amateur Championships for Men, Ladies and Juniors. These are held as part of the Lewis Golf Week every July. Stornoway has always enjoyed a reputation for having a friendly and sociable golf club, and visitors are assured of a warm welcome.
Grounds of Lewis Castle, Isle of Lewis
|Course Name: Stornoway Holes: 18 Yardage: 5252 SSS: 67|
|Stornoway Golf Club's 18 hole course is well designed and professionally maintained and affords panoramic views of Stornoway Harbour and the Minch. At only 5252 yards it may appear short by modern standards but there are plenty of hazards for wayward shots including mature trees, heather and gorse.
press here for Stornoway Golf Club course reviews