Thurso Golf Club
Newlands of Geise,
Thurso, Caithness KN14 7XD
Tel : +44 (0)1847 893807
Thurso Golf Club established in 1893 and has used four different nine hole courses until the present 18 hole course was built in 1963. The clubhouse was built in 1972 and has bar and snack facilities. The course in the main parkland has established and new tree areas and is open to the often strong wind which makes it testing. The club has 300 members, and tries to promote a friendly atmosphere. The clubhouse has a fine outlook and view of the Firth.
2 miles west of Thuros off B876 to Halkirk on the road to Reay via Bridge of Westfield.
Information herein provided by the club 3 Sept 1998.
|Course Name: Thurso Holes: 18 Yardage: 5853 SSS: 69|
|Mainly parkland with holes facing different directions. Conditions are usually windy with many holes having out of bounds alongside. Not especially hilly but the long 4th is uphill and into the prevailing wind. Because of the wind, there are few course hazards but severe ditches and a burn provide sufficient test. Several tree areas have recently been planted and there are fine views of the Pentland Firth and the Orkney Isles form the course and the clubhouse.
press here for Thurso Golf Club course reviews