West Linton Golf Club
West Linton, Peeblesshire EH46 7HN
Tel : +44 (0)1968 660463
Founded in 1890 by Robert Millar, the village schoolmaster, West Linton Golf Club offers a golfing challenge to golfers of all levels of ability. A new clubhouse was opened in 1997 has changing and shower facilities for men and women and provides a pleasant ambience for relaxing after a golfing round. It has a main lounge, television lounge and dining room and licensed bar. The Club Professional Ian Wright, has a well stocked shop with a wide range of golf merchandise. Tuition is available.
18 miles south west of Edinburg, off the A702.
Information herein provided by the club 19 Aug 1998.
|Course Name: West Linton Holes: 18 Yardage: 6132 SSS: 70|
|The original 9 hole course, laid out by Robert Millar the founder of the club, was extended to 18 holes in 1973 since then it has gone from strength to strength and is recognised as one of the best courses in the area. It has hosted the Scottish under 16 Boys Championship and the Southeast District Championship. It enjoys a peaceful setting half a mile form the conservation village of West Linton and offers fine uninterrupted views of the Pontland hills and the Moorhills. Although it is some 900 feet above sea level it is not a hilly course and when the wind blows it can be a tough course to master.
For an appreciation and independent view of this course please see golfer reviews.
press here for West Linton Golf Club course reviews