Kingsthorpe Golf Club
Northampton, Northamptonshire NN2 7BU
Tel : +44 (0)1604 711 173 Fax : +44 (0)1604 710 610
Kingsthorpe Golf Club was founded in 1908 by a group of employees from the 'Union Bank', now part of the 'Natwest' in Drapery, Northampton. This was the result of a personal friend of the then Manager being refused membership on The County Golf Club, apparently on the account of his being considered to be in 'Trade'. This epitomised the spirit of the club to this day.
A nine Hole course was originally built to the north of the town in Kingsthorpe Village.
In 1912 , land was acquired to build the present course which was 'laid out', by A Mr CN Alison one of the Best known architects of his day. When the course was opened it was pronounced by experts to be a 'really sporting course and it remains so today.
The Club House provides full catering and bar facilities and friendly atmosphere. There is a fully stoked pro-shop and tuition is available.
Situated in the Kinsley area of the town between the A508 market Harborough Road and the A43 Kettering road, we are opposite the Roman Public House.
Information herein provided by the club 8 March 1999.
|Course Name: Kingsthorpe Holes: 18 Yardage: 5918 SSS: 69|
|This is a traditional parkland course, across undulating terrain. Although not a long course, it provides a suitable challenge for golfers of all standards.
The ground is undulating providing plenty of sloping lies. This is golf the way if was meant to be played. The eighteenth hole which brings you back to the club house is claimed by many to be 'The Longest 400yds in the Country', when played against the wind and the members certainly believe it is certainly the finest finishing hole in Northamptonshire.
For an appreciation and independent view of this course please see golfer reviews.
press here for Kingsthorpe Golf Club course reviews