Lenzie Golf Club
19 Crosshill rd,
Lenzie, Strathclyde G66 5DA
Tel : +44 (0)141 7761535
9 km northeast of Glasgow
|Course Name: Lenzie Holes: 18 Yardage: 5984 SSS: 69|
1. A short opener with bunkers, trees and OB to punish wayward drives. Narrow entrance to well bunkered green.
2. Can be tricky into the prevailing wind, steep fall away on left.
3. This lengthy dogleg provides a real test with well placed bunkers, lateral water hazard and OB behind the green.
4. Back into the wind. The green is protected with a burn, trees and bunkers. It pays to be big here!
5. The longest 323 yards in Golf? Small green on hilltop with OB beckoning.
6. Accuracy with short irons essential to avoid bunkers and OB which surround this downhill par 3.
7. Cross the road and the course opens out! Play a medium iron to the right hand side of a narrow double green.
8. Challenging par three across wind and hill. Most pars achieved by 'scrambling' well.
9. Short hole concludes the outward half by rewarding confidence and punishing uncertainty in a cross wind.
10. The longest hole in the course needs careful positioning with tee shot. Green defended by sloping from front to back
11. More demanding than the last, with a long shot to this platform green.
12. Highest point of course. Uphill drive along tree lined fairways with shot to tight, bunkered entrance of large flat green.
13. Aim at well do shorten dogleg. Straightforward approach to green. Avoid the football pitch, its OB.
14. The largest green on the course is surrounded by bunkers. Can be difficult in East wind.
15. Dogleg to well protected double been set into hillside. Dangerous drive over trees and burns.
16. Head back to the Clubhouse! No problems at this hole other than its deceptive length
17. Don't go too far right here a shot can kick off the bank, or be punished. Avoid the right of way
A card buster! A series of obvious hazards demand accurate and cautious driving. Second shot over a burn and bunkers protecting green. OB on the left runs the whole length of this finishing hole.
press here for Lenzie Golf Club course reviews