Mount Wolseley Golf and Country Club
Tel : +353 (0)503 51674 Fax : +353 (0)503 52123
Mount Wolseley was the ancestral home of Frederick York Wolseley (1837-1899) who gave his name to the famous Wolseley cars which commenced production in 1895 in Birmingham. The Wolseley cars ceased production in 1975. He also invented the worlds first mechanical sheep shears. Mount Wolseley remained in ownership of the Wolseley Family until 1925 when it was sold to the Patrician Brothers, to become the world-wide Headqauters of the Order which now serves more than thirty counties around the world. Mount Wolseley is a course of visual splendor which is lodated on the edge of Tullow Town. A visit will be a treat to remember where you can view the ancestral home of the famous Wolseley family and be pampered by the friendly and efficient staff.
Club, trolley and buggy hire available. Catering on site.
|Course Name: Mount Wolseley Holes: 18 Yardage: 7214 SSS:|
|In 1995 the Estate was transformed into an eighteen hole championship golf course designed by Christy O'Connor Jnr. The course is a par 72 and is 7214 yards long off the championship tees. There is no easy hole on the course; wide landing areas a 'concession' to demanding approach shots to almost every green. There is water in play on eleven holes. The eleventh is an all water carry off championship tee of 213 yards.
For an appreciation and independent view of this course please see golfer reviews.
press here for Mount Wolseley Golf and Country Club course reviews