Roscommon Golf Club
Tel : +353 (0)903 26382 Fax : +353 (0)903 26043
Roscommon Golf Club was founded in 1904. Set in the spectacular parklands with beautiful mature sycamore, beech, whitehorn trees and ash trees. The club has produced three full international and a further seven international at Junior level in the '80's and 90's.
The clubhouse completely destroyed by fire in may '95 - new extensive clubhouse rebuilt on same location and opened in June '96. Very friendly members, mainly from a 10 mile radius.
Club house rebuilt in 1996 has modern spacious bar and restaurant looking over the first and eighteenth holes. Modern locker rooms, practice area , putting green etc.
95 miles from Dublin via N4 to Kinnegad N6 to Altlone following the signs to Roscommon. Club house 1/2 mile south of Roscommon town.
Information herein provided by the club 1 March 99.
|Course Name: Course1 Holes: 18 Yardage: 6881 SSS: 69|
|Eddie Connaughton designed this parkland course, extended to 18 holes in 1996. Long challenging par 4's and short tricky par 3's provided great golf for all handicap ranges. Feature holes are par 3, ninth, par 3 thirteenth an the long par 4, index two, eighteenth hole in front of the clubhouse.
For an appreciation and independent view of this course please see golfer reviews.
press here for Roscommon Golf Club course reviews